Objective: Players form words by sliding lettered tiles into place on the game board, trying to score as many points as possible, spell the most words, accomplish achievements and more in two or five minute games.
Game Board: Each new game board features 24 English lettered tiles, including one double-word and one triple-word tile, and a single open spot. Each lettered tile features a point value based on its dictionary commonality. All tiles and open spot are randomly generated each game.
Game Play: Tiles may be moved around the game board, one at a time, to form words by swapping places with the open tile spot. Only tiles horizontally or vertically adjacent to the open spot may be moved there.
Words may be created using affixed letters, then selected, horizontally, vertically or diagonally, frontwards or backwards. Tiles are selectable by tapping or dragging your finger to connect the letters in a word.
Individual words may only be used once per game. But add an “S” or “ED” to get the most uses out of each one.
Game Goals: Conquer the following scoring categories and get your name on the Game Center leaderboard*. (*Pro only)
- 1. Score the most points
- 2. Spell the most words
- 3. Score the most points on a single word
- 4. Spell the longest word
- 5. Spell the most consecutive words
- 6. Spell the most bonus words
- 7. Accomplish one of the 68 achievements
- 1. Add the point value of all letters in words five letters or less
- 2. Double the point value of all letters in words six letters or more
- 3. Use double-word and triple-word tiles to multiply the total point value of a word -- combine the two to score even more points
- 4. Score maximum points by combining words six letters or more that include a double- and triple-word tile